Often creditors need to appoint a private or court-appointed receiver to control the debtor’s assets or property. Bennett & Company can apply for the appointment of a receiver, whether a private appointment or a court appointment, and we will also advise the receiver on a creditor’s behalf.
Bennett & Company helps debtors navigate the waters of receivership including:
- negotiating a forbearance agreement after demand;
- defending an application for the appointment of a receiver; and,
- advising the debtor during the administration of a receivership.
Trustees, Receivers and Monitors
Bennett & Company is experienced in counselling receivers during the administration of a receivership including:
- taking appropriate motions for recovery of property;
- preparing receiver reports for the court on the sale of the assets; and,
- assisting the receiver in the finalization of the administration.